Startup Weekend Washington - Friday, March 10 - 12, 2017
Friday, March 10 - 12, 2017
Friday, March 10 - 12, 2017
Event starts at 6:30 pm
WeWork Crystal City
2221 South Clark St
Don't miss your chance to learn how to take an idea from concept to creation! Purchase your tickets now!
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship,
- learn the process for going from concept to creation,
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in DC,
- join or build an all-star team,
- or take your own idea from concept to creation
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs,
- developers and other tech-related professionals,
- designers of all types,
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from universities and even high schools,
- professionals looking to switch careers,
- passionate visionaries
The winners of Startup Weekend will be featured to help them gain more exposure and build momentum for their startup.
All attendees will also be provided with high-quality resources and content exclusive to this event.
All this in addition to prizes of course!
So join us for a very special weekend!
For the $99 ticket you get:
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the tech startup community
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Exclusive sponsor products and snacks :)
- Collaboration with awesome professionals from throughout DC
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- And over 100 new awesome Facebook friends!
Friday March 10th
Saturday March 11th
Sunday March 12th
Coaches and Mentors
Consequently, my brother and I were homeless as my mother struggled to take care of us on her own. Luckily, I was able to get a scholarship to Georgetown due to my talent for football, and my mother instilling the importance of education in me. There, I majored in Women’s and Gender Studies with a concentration in Globalization and Poverty. I also participated in a number of initiatives geared towards closing the education, equality, and income gap domestically in D.C. Public Schools and abroad with the charities CARE and Childfund International. This led me to work on Capitol Hill for Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC). I worked with the committee that drafted important gun control legislation, and the language I wrote was placed into the Congressional Record. As a result, I have made it my life's mission to help those from disadvantaged backgrounds, like myself, to get the education they need to accomplish their dreams.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Washington - Friday, March 10 - 12, 2017 team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Startup Weekend Washington, D.C. is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Innovation Specialist, 18F
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!