What is Global Startup Battle?
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
Startup Weekend & Global Startup Battle explained:
We're all super excited for this year's Startup Weekend and not only that, but also for the Global Startup Battle that is happening as well. That means that not only will you be able to try your skills against your local entrepreneurs, but also be able to compete for some awesome prizes in a number of different tracks against participants in over 100 countries! So what does this all mean? Let's break it down.
But first you should take a look at this awesome infographic about the 2014 Global Startup Battle just to get an idea of what's in store for this year!
OK. So what are the details you ask? Very simple:
- In order to compete in the GSB 2015 you will need to attend a Startup Weekend event on either the weekend of Nov 13 or Nov 20 (Since you already signed up for the event this shouldn't be a problem!)
- After the end of the event you will need to submit a 90 second video of your pitch within 48 hours of the event ending
- You can submit to as many Tracks as you wish, as long as your team meets their requirements
- Please see the GSB 2015 Attendee Pack for additional information
- Hashtag Battle: have a little fun during the event & tweet with #GSB2015 and #SWTampa to create buzz about Tampa Bay & Startup Weekend!
Tracks? What are these tracks you speak of?
- The Champions Track: the top 3 winning teams from each Startup Weekend event are able to compete against other teams from across the globe.
- Didn't win, but still have an awesome idea? No worries, there's plenty of Themed Tracks for everyone!
- Great in the Making Track - Made great by Mr. Coffee: If you seek to make a difference (a great difference) in the lives of others, this is your track.
- The Innovators Track - Powered by .CO: Calling all Startup Weekend teams that are launching their brilliant ideas on a .CO domain!
- Disruptors & Big Ideas Track - Powered By Transpose: For the entrepreneurs setting out to change industries with visionary ideas.
- Education through Video and Beyond Track - Powered by YouTube: How will you harness video to make great educational experiences possible around the world?
- Mobile Growth Track - Sponsored By Branch: Calling all app developers and enthusiasts! Let Branch help you launch your next big idea!
- Startup Women Track - Supported by Techstars Foundation: Join us and help create diversity in technology entrepreneurship around the world.
- Open Track - Sponsored By Incorporate.com: A brand new way to compete! This Track is for teams who do not attend a GSB event and are in the early stages of launching their ideas.
This all sounds awesome, how do I start? If you have yet to sign up (really, why haven't you signed up yet?) then just follow this handy link and register today!