Santa Barbara SW #3 Recap (November 2013)
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
[caption id="attachment_18589" align="alignright" width="300"] The crowd listens to pitches at Santa Barbara Startup Weekend.[/caption] As we prepare to unleash Santa Barbara Startup Weekend #4 (November 14-16, 2014) the highlights of our amazing SBSW #3 come to mind. If you were not there last year, this is a taste of what you missed:
- We completed against 200 other cities in the Global Startup Battle.
- 135 Team Participants pitched 62 ideas and formed 20 teams.
- Keynote speeches by Patrick Vlaskovits, Kevin O'Connor, and Chad Newell.
- 300+ people attended our Friday night blowout kickoff at Avelina Wine Company in Santa Barbara’s Funk Zone, with live music entertainment.
- Over two dozen expert mentors helped teams get their projects moving.
- Terrific food from vendors throughout town kept our teams humming at Workzones all weekend long.
- Sunday night team competition at the Museum of Contemporary Art, with winning teams Next Mover, GearUp, TouchStone, My Custom Cookie, and My Parking Spot.
- A who's who panel of judges: Klaus Schauser, Jon Funk, Sean Malarkey, Mary Anne Masterson , Matthew McCall, Judy Bruton, JD, MSW, and Kevin O'Connor.
- Santa Barbara blowing away much larger cities in the Twitter Hashtag Battle.